Studies & Assessment
Fire Protection &
HVAC Hydronic Systems (2 & 4 Pipe)
Davis & Floyd offers mechanical engineering services encompassing the broad spectrum
of Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), steam distribution systems, fire
protection, pumping / fluid handling systems, and plumbing systems. Our mechanical team
is experienced in designing:
- Two-pipe & Four-pipe Hydronic Systems
- Central Energy Plants
- Variable Air Volume Systems
- Energy Recovery Systems
- Comfort HVAC Systems
- Industrial Ventilation Systems
- Laboratory Ventilation Systems - Constant & Variable Volume
- Steam & Condensate Systems - Overhead & Underground
- Water Source / Geothermal Heat Pump Systems
- Plumbing Systems - Commercial & Industrial
- Kitchen Ventilation & Fire Suppression
- Facility Management Control Systems (DDC)
We provide design or renovation of a variety of facilities: Educational - classroom and
laboratory; Commercial - office facilities and laboratory; Military - barracks, central
energy plants, and steam distribution; and Athletic - gymnasiums, concessions, public
restrooms, and field houses.
We also perform indoor air quality studies, performance analysis of existing HVAC systems,
and code compliance analysis of existing plumbing and HVAC systems.
Our mechanical team strives to provide simple, but robust designs to meet the clients' needs.
We are thoroughly versed in sustainable design per the USGBC's LEED rating system.